- Organization: Florida Guardian ad Litem Program
- Causes: Kids
- Date(s): Volunteers are always needed and at least a one year commitment is requested.
- Contact person: Catherin Gregory
- Phone: 813-307-3585
- Email: Catherin.Gregory@gal.fl.gov
- Website: www.galtampa.org
Thousands of abused, abondoned, and neglected children become the subjects in judicial proceedings each year in Florida. Their voices are often unheard and their best interests overlooked in the complicated and overburdened adversary process. Guardians ad Litem (GALS) are citizens who volunteer to become part of a court program to represent the best interests of the assigned child. The volunteer Guardian ad Litem is a representative for the child before the court, social service agencies, and the community. Volunteers do not need a background in law or social work, they come from all walks of life with different educational backgrounds and life experience. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or take a look at our website!