Brandon Woman Wins Big with $1 Bet at Seminole Hard Rock Casino
Reported to be the nation’s first and largest bonus-spin progressive blackjack hit, and the first at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa’s casino, a Brandon woman turns a one-dollar bet into a Christmas Day bounty. See how much she won.
A Brandon woman reportedly turned a $1 wager into a Christmas Day bounty of $127,342.13 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Tampa.
"The win is not only the first and largest bonus-spin progressive blackjack hit in the nation, but the first at Seminole Hard Rock Tampa's casino since the new games were installed June 21 in a recent expansion," accoring to a PRWeb.com news release.
The win for the wager, identified as "Janet T. of Brandon, Florida," came at approximately 8:30 p.m. on Dec. 25.
"Janet T's win is particularly notable because the progressive blackjack game is exclusive in Florida to Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and can't be played anywhere else," the release notes.
Here's the report's recounting of events:
- The woman waged just $1 on the game before hitting blackjack on her first two cards, which qualified her to "spin the wheel."
- Wheel spun, she landed on the progressive jackpot — the highest payout — which grows by the second.
"Surprised and elated, in the holiday spirit of giving, Janet T. tipped her dealer $5,000 and gifted $200 each to the other six players at the table," according to the news release.
- It's one of the largest casinos in the world, featuring 110 table games, including Blackjack, Mini- and Midi-Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker, Three-Card Poker and Texas Hold ‘em Poker, along with more than 5,000 slot machines and a smoke-free poker room with 50 tables offering high stakes action.
- It is the sixth-largest casino in the world, based on gaming positions.
- For the sixth year in a row, the American Automobile Association (AAA) has awarded this 250-luxury room hotel its prestigious four-diamond rating.
- There's a new pool area and restaurants, including the Hard Rock Cafe Tampa, part of Hard Rock’s 138 globally recognized rock ‘n’ roll themed restaurants; the award-winning Council Oak Steaks & Seafood Restaurant; and Rise Kitchen & Bakery, which features freshly baked breads and entrees made with fresh ingredients.
- Valet and more than 5,000 free, self-parking spaces are available.
- The hotel and casino is off Interestate 4 at North Orient Road and Hillsborough Avenue, between I-75 and I-275, about 10 minutes east of downtown Tampa.
- Call: 1-800-937-0010