New Year’s Day Sales for Savvy Shoppers
Drop ’til you shop New Year’s Day with these steals and deals online and at local stores.
Capping the holiday season are deals and steals online and at local stores to ring in the new year.
Here's a sampling of what's being advertised for shoppers in the Greater Brandon area and beyond. As always, check with the local retailer for restrictions that may apply and to confirm sale offers.
Know of a sale or deal you'd like to share? Post in the comment box below.
New Year's 2013 Sales
- American Signature Furniture — Print an online coupon and "ring in 2013" with 13 percent off any purchase of $699 or more — plus 0 percent APR financing until 2014, if paid in full in 13 months. Offer is good New Year's Day only.
- Best Buy — Through Jan. 2, the year-end sale and clearance event fetaures "discounts on already reduced, limited-quantity products, and more," including the ASUS 15.6" laptop computer, with Intel Pentium processor, 4GB DDR3 memory and 500GB hard drive, for $309.99. Also, select video games for $5.99 to $19.99, select Blu-ray movies for $9.99 to $24.99 and select movies on DVD for $3.99 to $24.99. See online advertisement for more.
- Bealls — Through Wednesday, Jan. 2, take an extra 15 percent off online orders of $50 or more — with promo code "FABULOUS" — plus orders ship for just $5.
- Books-a-Million — Shop in-store clearance, with 50 percent off thousands of items throughout the store, including all holiday merchandise, calendars and planners, and hundreds of games, toys and puzzles. Buy two and get a third book for free, including selections from trade paper, paperbacks, kids, teens, first readers and all bargain books. See online advertisement for more deals and offers. Also, $5 DVDs and 40 percent off holiday DVDs and music.
- Macy's — "As the ball drops, so do our prices," states the online advertisement for Macy's Week of Wonderful New Year's Sale, featuring "dazzling deals" in all departments, including women, men, juniors, kids, shoes, handbags, dining, kitchen and furniture. Three-day specials include Victoria Townsend sterling silver earrings for $49.99 (regularly $200) and a Nautica coat, melto wool-blend, double-breasted pea coat for men for $79.99 (regularly $250). Save 20 to 60 percent, plus extra savings, at the the white sale.
- Publix — Buy- one get one-free deals include Pita Pal hummus, Silver Floss barrel-cured sauerkraut and Nabisco baked crackers. Local Weekly adincludes as well discounts up to $2 per pound on Perdue Fit & Easy chicken breast and up to $5 per pound on Publix Green Wise New York strip steaks. Save up to $3 on Project Paso red-blend wine ($11.99 for a 750-mil bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Old Vine Zinfandel or Sauvigron Blanc) and 80 cents on Korbel Brut champagne ($9.99 for a 750-mil bottle).
- Walmart — Getting fit and healthy is the theme of the latest online advertisement for Walmart, where deals include "values on top brands in fitness," including a Danskin hoodie for $8.96 and Alli weigh-loss aid for $49.97. While supplies last, pecialty buys on "hot electronics" include the Apple iPod Touch (choose 16GB or 32GB) and bonus accessory kit, from $189, and the Nintendo Wii Ultimate Bundle, from $159.