With Black Friday weekend shopping coming to a close today, Sunday, Nov. 25, the shift online is happening with local and national stores advertising Cyber Week deals, just a click away.
Waglreens, for example, is offering an extra 15 percent off sitewide, by entering the code, "15thanks" (some restrictions apply).
It appears that most "Cyber Week" and "Cyber Monday" deals are kicking off today, Sunday, Nov. 25.
Here's a sampling of savings:
- At Macy's online, shop today and tomorrow, Cyber Monday, with a one-day early event, featuring an extra 15 percent off plus free shipping at $75. Enter the promo code: "cyber." Cyber Monday two-day specials include 50 percent off select women's coats. Deals in all departments, with an extra 25 to 40 percent off clearance.
- At JCPenney online, enjoy "free shipping, no minimum, no code" through Cyber Monday, Nov. 26.
- A two-day "Cyber Sale" is under way at Best Buy online, with "hot deals in every department" and a "free $25 savings code with store pickup on purchases $250 or more."
- Through Dec. 17, get $10 back for every $50 in pre-tax purchases you spend at Radio Shack online and in store, at participating locations.
- Barnes and Noble online features a Cyber Monday countdown clock, along with a preview of special-deal offerings and an extended Black Friday, 30 percent- off one-item deal, with a code for both in-store and online purchases. Deals include up to 50 percent off select toys and games, 50 percent off select books, 20 percent off Vera Bradley and a buy- one get one 50 precent-off deal on Moleskin notebooks.
- Cyber Monday deals start today, Sunday, Nov. 25, at Michaels online, the arts and crafts store with a location at the Regency Square shopping center in Brandon. Free standard shipping. Cyber deals include up to 61 percent off canvas prints, 50 percent off hardcover photo books, 40 percent off photo calendars and 45 percent off holiday cards, holiday business cards, personalized stationery.
- The online "Holiday Gift Shop" at the Burlington Coat Factory lists "gifts under $10" through "gifts $100 and under," featuring gifts for him, her, kids and pets. Stocking stuffers, too.
- At Bealls online, save 20 percent, no minimum, plus free shipping on orders of $50 or more after discounts, through Sunday, Nov. 25. Promo code: "CYBER20."
- Online-only exclusives are posted at Kmart online, with Cyber Monday deals good Sunday, Nov. 25 through Tuesday, Nov. 27. Free shipping on orders of $49 or more.
- "Hot deals all Cyber Week long" are available at Target online throughout the week. Free shipping when you spend $50 combined on eligible items across all categories. Sale ends Dec. 1. Online-only deals across all departements include the Hot Wheels Blitz Mega Garage for $29.99 and a Union Geometric Print Futon for $99.50.
- Cyber Week sales are available now at Walmart online, with specials including a JVC 32-inch Class LCD 720p 60Hz HDTV for $199 and a Philips Norelco PowerTouch Electric Razor with bonus travel shaver for $32.97.
- "It's Cyber Monday all week long" at Kohl's online, where cyber specials end Dec. 1 and include a Polaroid ultra-thin digital video recorder for $169.99 and Seiko watches for men and women, in select styles, for $99.99.
Small Business Saturday gets under way today, Nov. 24, in the midst of a 2012 Thanksgiving Day holiday weekend that includes another day of Black Friday shopping.
Shoppers continue their shopping frenzy at major shopping centers in the Greater Brandon area, including at the Westfield Brandon mall and centers anchored by Target and Walmart.
A sampling of sales today, Nov. 24:
Macy's opened at 7 a.m., with more than 250 specials until 1 p.m. Overall, the Thanksgiving sale at Macy's comes with a 20- to-50 perent savings off mercandise in all departments. Online shoppers can take advantage of an extra 15 percent off, plus free shipping, on orders of $99 or more (some restrictions apply).
Macy's shoppers, too, can print an online voucher for a Macy's Welcome Savings Pass, which gives visitors 10 percent off on thousands of items for three days after validation in the store. The pass is valid for 30 days only and some restrictions apply. There is a similar pass for international visitors. The deals are available through Dec. 31.
Thanksgiving Doorbuster deals at Target end today, Nov. 24.
Thanksgiving Hot deals at Best Buy, online and in store, end today, Nov. 24.
Sales are ongoing, too, at Walmart, which has started to advertise Cyber Week" specials as well.
Deals noted on the Westfield Brandon Web site include:
- GameStop — Extra 30 percent credit on power trades, through Dec. 16.
- Justice — 40 percent off everything, through Dec. 24.
- Claire's — Free ear piercing and 20 percent off future purchases, through Dec. 31.
- White House / Black Market — 15 percent off with valid military ID, through Dec. 31.
- Foot Locker — Get $10 off $50 purchase, through Dec. 31.
- Gymboree — Earn $25 Gymbucks for ever $50 spent, thorugh Jan. 13.
- Payless Shoe Store — Up to 50 percent off select styles, through Nov. 25.
- Zales — Thanksgiving Weekend specials, through Nov. 26.
- LensCrafters — 30 percent off eyeglasses and sunglasses, through Dec. 1.
- Perfumania — Black Friday deals through Nov. 26.
Shoppers have been out in force for early Black Friday shopping, which continues today and throughout the Thanksgiving Day holiday weekend with deals for the taking both online and in the store.
The Westfield Brandon shopping mall, both on its regular Facebook page and Black Friday Shopping Deals Facebook page, has been posting deals and daily status updates as a complement to its Web site page listings as well.
Holiday hours are in effect at Westfield Brandon. The mall open Friday, Nov. 23, at midnight and closes at 9 p.m. The mall is open Saturday, Nov. 24, from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m., and Sunday, Nov. 25, from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Westfield shoppers asked to share on Facebook, "What are you hoping to buy at a steal?" responded with answers that included buy- one get one-free body jewerly at Spencer's, discounted Amerian Eagle jeans, a special $15 cookie at Blondie's Cookies, and sexy hair products for $9.95 at MasterCuts. (See mall deals below.)
One poster, however, questioned the sanity of early Black Friday shopping. She wrote: "Home home home...bed bed bed...sleep sleep sleep! Let me know who wins the fights and who gets a parking lot 'thrill.' Can't tell you the last time I was in the mall and I live next door."
Still, there were plenty of shoppers making their way through local parking lots for early Black Friday shopping, which is likely to increase as the actual day itself unfolds. (See a sampling of store deals below.)
Black Friday deals at Walmart include a Fisher-Price Power Wheels Barbie Jeep for $89, a Samsung 43-inch Class Plasma 720p 600Hz HDTV for $378 and a 1-carat T.W. Princess and Round-Cut Diamond Ring in Sterling Silver for $88. More Black Friday store items, as well as online items, are posted on Walmart's Web site.
'Tis the season for retailers to put their best foot forward — and this year, for Black Friday 2012, it seems as if the sure-footed prince and princess are making it to the ball hours earlier than in the past.
To wit: The Westfield Brandon shopping mall this year is opening Black Friday at midnight, with stores throughout the center offering deals to beat the holiday rush.
But other stores, too, are beating the rush, with Thanksgiving night, and even day, openings, which begs the question: Is there even a Black Friday anymore?
Blame it on the economic times in which we live, with extra-hours and extra-special deals designed to get both the eager and reticent customer in the door and buying.
Here's a sampling of deals we found, but by no means is the list complete (Readers should check, too, with the stores to verify for themselves the hours and deals noted.)
Here's a sampling of special Black Friday deals at Westfield Brandon:
- G by Guess — Save 30 percent off the entire store. Plus, the first 100 shoppers on Friday, Nov. 23, will receive a mystery shopping card up to an additional 40 percent off.
- Windsor — The first 50 customers in line prior to the store's opening will get a $20 Windsor gift card. Plus, enjoy 20 percent off regular-priced merchandise and an additional 50 percent off all sale merchandise.
- Papaya — On Black Friday, win up to a $100 gift card. The first 300 customers will receive a scratcher on Black Friday; every card is a winner.
- Sears Portrait Studio — Get a 16-by-20 wall portrait for $9.99.
- Regis Salon – All services 50 percent off on Nov. 23. Through Dec. 21, buy a $2 holiday bag and save 20 percent off on everything you can fit into that bag (excluding Moroccan Oil products).
- The Children’s Place — Get 30 to 50 percent off everything in the store. Deals include glacier fleece starting at $4.90, graphic tees starting at $4.20 and basic denim starting at $8.40.
- Brookstone — Black Friday only, buy a uSqueez App Foot Massager, get an iNeed Neck and Shoulder Pro for free.
- MasterCuts — All Sexy Hair products $9.95, Nov. 23-25.
- Sephora — Pick from select products, 10 for $10. See store for details.
- Things Remembered — Buy- One Get-One on select jewelry. See store for details. Also, spend $100 and get a $20 coupon to use through Dec 24th.
- White House/Black Market — Members enjoy 30 percent off on Black Friday. Non-members receive 25 precent off.
- Coldwater Creek — Door-buster savings 40 percet off storewide, until noon.
- California Pizza Kitchen — Breakfast Pizza available until 10 a.m. Plus, purchase $100 or more in gift cards nd receive a $20 Rewards Card. Valid through Nov. 24.
- rue21 — Entire store BOGO 50 percent off on select items of equal or lesser value. Mix and match, with other BOGO 50 percent off items. Extra special deals excluded. See store for details.
- Bare Escentuals — Black Friday special on The Royal Treatment kit: $49, for a savings of $36.
- Helzberg — Free Kindle with purchase of $750 or more. Some restrictions apply, see store for details.
- Buckle — Receive an additional 10 percent off denim and crops and an additional 15 percent off all sale tops, sweaters, outerwear, shoes and accessories.
- The Disney Store — Black Friday, enjoy 20 percent off, 12 a.m. to 10 a.m. only.
- Beya Black Friday Handbag Sale — Buy one, get one for $5.
- Oakley — With every purchase of $250 or more, receive a piece of signed sports memorabilia of your choice. While supplies last.
- CCS - Twenty-five precent off build-a-complete skateboard.
- Godiva — Peppermint Gem Bags, $5 each, Black Friday until noon.
- Yankee Candle — Purchase our $100 gift tote for only $25 when you spend $50.
- Charlotte Russe — All tops, $12, Black Friday 12 a.m. to 3 a.m. All day Black Friday: all pumps $12.50 and all denim $15.
- Spin Master — App Blaster, App Drive or App Fishing, $9.99.
In other Black Friday, Thanksgiving Day Weekend Sales:
- American Signature Furniture opens Black Friday at 6 a.m. with doorbusters, "this weekend only, while quantities last," including a $29 Drake adjustable bar stool, $99 Maxim chase lounger and $49 Python 55" wide flat panel TV stand. Purchase any iComfort mattress set and get three free offers: free HDTV, free luxury fleece blanket and up to $400 off a motion perfect adjustable foundation. For details, and more deals, see the online ad.
- Ashley Furniture in its online ad notes "beat the crowds" specials and special door busters. Also, "beat the clock" specials, Friday only, for "the biggest savings of the year" at participating Ashley Furniture stores.
- Badcock & More in its online ad touts extra savings this holiday season, with "hot buys up to 40 percent off," plus an additional 10 percent off Friday, Nov. 23 only."
- In-store Friday only at Bed Bath & Beyond, 20 percent off your entire purchase. Get your coupon before noon to use anytime Friday. Restrictions noted online, along with a store locator and extended store hours. The store is closed Thanksgiving Day and open Friday, from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Additional weekend hours: Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to 10 p.m.; Sunday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Shop online now for the Bealls Black Friday sale, with more than 475 "Beall Ringers" sale items in women, men, juniors, kids, shoes, home and holiday.
- Doors open 12 a.m. Black Friday at Best Buy, three hours earlier than the year before. Tickets will be handed out up to two before the midnight opening. Included in the store's Black Friday deals online preview are Toshiba 40-inch, LCD-1080p-60Hz HDTV for $179.99 and a free Motorola Droid Razr Maxx 4G LTE mobile phone, with a 2-year Verizon wireless contract activation.
- CVS is open Thanksgiving Day (pharmacy hours might vary by store).
- November big deals are noted at Famous Tate online. Special savings, exclusive rebates, and more.
- hhgregg opens, with doorbusters starting, Thanksgiving Day at 10 p.m. The store's online ad notes that you can "beat the crowd" and "save big with Black Friday pricing and doorbusters," with "large quantities in stock" and "special financing." See online ad.
- "Operation Black Friday" at Kohl’s features "500 early-bird specials," according to the store's online ad. Through Nov. 25, in the store, online and at the kiosk, get $15 in Kohl's cash for every $50 spent.
- Check online for the "triple doorbuster" sale at Kmart. Shopping hours Thanksgiving morning are 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. CT (online), 6 a.m. to 4 p.m. local time (in store). Hours Thanksgiving night: 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. CT (online) and 8 p.m. to 3 a.m. local time (in store). Black Friday hours: 4 a.m. to 1 p.m. CT (online) and 5 a.m. to 11 a.m. local time (in store).
- The La-Z-Boy Thanksgiving sale details are noted online. Hot buys storewide include the Astor, Anderson and Shane models.
- At Lowe’s, Black Friday sales start online Thanksgiving Day; take an online preview look. Save up to $1,300 on select appliances.
- Save 20 to 50 percent off on the Thanksgiving sale at Macy’s, with details online. Check out, too, the Black Friday Specials Preview, for deals and hours online and in-store.