The Rotary Club of Brandon '86 seeks food and arts and crafts vendors for its 19th annual Denizens of the Deep Southern Family Fish Fry, scheduled this year for Nov. 3, at Rotary's Camp Florida in Brandon.
The deadline to register and pay for a discounted booth is Oct. 15. The cost is $75. Thereafter, the cost is $100 per booth.
The event is scheduled to run from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Nov. 3, at 1915 Camp Florida Road, off South Lakewood Drive in Brandon.
The annual event attracts hundreds of Greater Brandon residents. More than a half-ton of fresh seafood, prepared by Rotarians., is served. Along with the food is live entertainment and family activities along the lakefront property.
"Denizens of the Deep is a perfect opportunity to have a great time with family and friends, eat some great food, and support our worthy local charities in the process," notes Rotarian Ron Shillady.
Included in the price of admission:
- All-you-can-eat fish, shrimp, hush puppies, sausage and more.
- Beer, soft drinks, coffee and tea.
- Live music and games and events for kids, including a two-story bouncy castle and separate bouncy slide under the supervision of Brandon Family YMCA volunteers.
In response to trying economic times, the cost to attend this year has been reduced. Admission is:
- $20 per adult
- $10 for teens 13-18.
- Free for children ages 12 and under, with the donation of a can of food per child for the Emergency Care Help Organization (ECHO) in Brandon.
- Tickets to the event are available on the Brandon '86 Rotary Web site.
The Rotary Club of Brandon '86 supports the following charitable and non-profit clbs, organizations and endeavors:
- Boy Scout Troop 1986
- Brandon ‘86 Endowment
- Brandon Outreach Clinic
- Cub Scout Pack 61
- Everyday Blessings
- I Am Hope Cafe
- LifeCare of Brandon
- Most Valuable Employee
- New Horizons Group Home
- Rotary’s Camp Florida
- S4TL (Seminar for Tomorrow’s Leaders)
- Call Ron Shillady, at 813-924-8808, for sponsorship questions.
- Call Stoddard Pickrell, at 813-685-4545, for event questions.
- Reader's Report: Denizens of the Deep Fundraiser at Rotary's Camp Florida
- Third-Generation Rotarian Notes 18-Year Support of Rotary's Camp Florida
- New Board and 5 Things To Know About Brandon '86 Rotarians
- Area Charities Reap Fundraiser Benefits From Brandon ’86 Rotarians
- Rotarians Recognize High School Interact Counterparts