One of the lucky ones who didn't yet get the flu? Care to keep it that way?
5 Tips For Avoiding The Flu:
- The flu virus can live up to 12 hours on countertops and doorknobs. It's not a bad idea to wipe down hard surfaces at the home or office, including keyboards. Using disinfecting wipes is quick and convenient. Keeping a can of Lysol handy is not a bad idea, either.
- Advise family members to cover their mouths when they sneeze or cough. Avoid people who do not take this precaution because it is a sure way to pass along flu germs.
- If you do not have to shake hands, don't. If you do, then certainly don't rub your eyes or mouth.
- Remember when Mom said to wash your hands? Well, she was right. Health experts say use soap and be thorough. Sing "Happy Birthday" twice to yourself and know that the job is done.
- You've heard it at least a dozen times now: Get a flu shot. It's your best protection for staying well this flu season.