The Greater Brandon Chamber of Commerce made it official Oct. 18, at the Sheraton Tampa East Hotel, adding five additional businesses to the list of annual Small Business of the Year Award recipients.
Winning the award for 2012, from among 15 finalists named in five categories, were:
- Morningstar Electric, for Best Home-Based Business
- Tutoring Club Inc., for Minority and Woman-Owned Business
- Ivey Carpet and Flooring, for 1-5 Employees
- COX Electric, for 6-15 Employees
- Ed Morse Cadillac Brandon, for 16-Plus Employees
Award winners and finalists were selected from among 25 semifinalists. (See chart below.)
Anonymous and self-nominations were accepted for the awards program. The awards recognize and honor small businesses “that have demonstrated leadership, positive growth and development, creativity and integrity in operating a business, as well as a commitment to community services."
- See who was nominated for Small Business of the Year awards in 2011.
- See who won in 2011.
- See who won in 2010.
2012 SMALL BUSINESS OF THE YEAR AWARD