Busch Gardens and International Plaza are teaming up to redesign the mall’s 2,000-square-foot children’s play area, slated for a Sept. 20 grand opening, according to a news release.
The play area, which is located on the lower level of International Plaza in the Nordstrom wing, will be transformed into a Busch Gardens area and include soft structures to represent the park’s animal stars, according to the notice.
- There will be hippos, a baby elephant, lion cubs and an alligator.
- There also will be a train, safari truck and 14-foot Cheetah Hunt Tower.
- A 70-inch television will feature Busch Gardens attractions.
- “This will be a fully immersive experience for kids, highlighting the exciting elements you’d find at the park,” said Busch Gardens Park President Jim Dean, in the release.
- The redesigned play area will be under construction Sept. 14-19.