Before you know it, it's New Year's Eve, and hours to go before it starts all over again — 12 months of memories in the making, not to mention bills to pay, challenges to face, milestones to mark and holidays to celebrate. Sounds like a daunting task, so why not take pause to celebrate the old as you ring in the new?
Here's some suggestions for doing just that, with a night out on the town in the Greater Brandon area and beyond. Just remember, drinking and driving don't mix — ever.
- See New Year's Eve 2012: Plan for a Safe Ride Home
And while you're at it, consider putting pen to paper (or, fingers to keypad) to draft a set of resolutions to guide you to the future.
What To Do New Year's Eve In Brandon And The Tampa Bay Area
O'Brien's Irish Pub & Family Restaurant in Brandon
- For the family — Ring in the New Year with your family on Monday, Dec. 31, at 7 p.m., when it’s midnight in Ireland. Seating starts at 5:30 p.m. and features a special New Year’s Eve menu, live entertainment, free champagne toast and party favors for children. Children under 12 eat for free. O'Brien's is at 701 West Lumsden Road, at the corner of Kings Avenue. For reservations, call: 813-661-9688.
- For the adults — Ring in the American new year, at midnight, with attendees at the New Year’s Eve Dance Party starting New Year's Eve and running into the wee hours of the morning. Listening to music from the ‘70s, ’80, ‘90s and beyond, enjoy a midnight buffet, party favors and free champagne.
- Three dinner packages, a balloon drop at midnight, DJ Wiggles and three bonfires are set for the Uncle Mike's New Year’s Eve party. Uncle Mike's is in the Greater Brandon area of Tampa, at 9847 East Adamo Drive. Call: 813-644-6888.
The Dallas Bull
- Admission is $5 to the New Year's Eve Bash at the Dallas Bull, just outside of Brandon in Tampa, at 3322 U.S. Highway 301. The Dallas Bull New Year's Even Bash kicks off at 7 p.m. On tap: country music downstairs, Top-40 music upstairs; drink specials all night, and a champagne toast at midnight. Call: 813-987-2855.
- A little too tipsy to make it home? The Dallas Bull will provide a shuttle to Fairfield Inn & Suites across the street, where the cost of a night's stay in a room will be discounted 15 percent. For reservations, call: 813-626-3000.
- Planned is a no-cover New Year's Eve party with deejay music, party favors and a champagne toast at midnight. Tadpoles is at 115 East Brandon Blvd. in Brandon.
- Ring in the New Year at The Green Iguana, 6264 Winthrop Town Center Ave., Riverview, Monday, Dec. 31 at 9 p.m. with drink specials, food and live music. Call 813-643-7800.
- Skateland of Brandon, 750 Robertson St., Brandon, continues a 35-year tradition with an all-night skate from 7 p.m. Monday, Dec. 31 to 7 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 1. Admission is $20. Skate rental is extra. Milk and doughnuts will be available at 3 a.m. for a nominal fee. Call 813-681-3635 or emailSK8LAND@aol.com.
New Year's "Noon" and Eve Outings In The Tampa Bay Area
For more places to go New Year's Eve, click through to Local Editor D'Ann White's Bloomingdale-Riverview Patch report on spots to ring in the new year. Featured are:
- A fireworks cruise (Yacht StarShip)
- New Year's Eve with comedian Bobcat Goldthwait (Centro Ybor Tampa Improv)
- For electronic dance music fanatics, New Year's Eve at the Amphitheatre Event Facility in Tampa.
- New Year's Eve West Coast Toast at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Fireworks at Channelside
- Rooftop Eve at Hyde Park Village
- Noon Year's Eve at Lowry Park Zoo
- Noon Year's Eve 2013 at the Glazer Children's Museum
- New Year's Eve at Busch Gardens
- Outback Bowl New Year's Eve Parade on the streets of Ybor City
- New Year's Eve 2013 Toast at the Tampa Convention Center
- First Night St. Petersburg (alcohol-free event)
- Aqua-Eve at the Florida Aquarium on Channelside Drive in Tampa
- Kid's New Year's Eve at LEGOland Florida