Christmas Lane on Wooten Road in Dover has grown from its humble beginnings in 1980 into an elaborate display of lights, props and settings, drawing visitors from the Greater Brandon and Plant City communities and beyond.
Christmas Lane facts and figures, noted on signs in the village, give testament to the heart and soul, and the painstaking time and commitment, necessary to bring the village to life during the final month of the year.
Lane Wetherington told Brandon Patch in 2011 that he was 5 years old when he first strung lights around his father's farm. Now, he needs a volunteer staff to help him get the job done.
- See Christmas Lane Facts and Figures
If You Go
- Christmas Lane is at 2015 Wooten Road in Dover.
- Parking and entry is free.
- Lights are on nightly, from 6 to 10.
- The display is open through Dec. 30.
- Santa Claus hours are Dec. 14-23, from 6 to 8 p.m. Christmas Eve hours are from 6 to 7 p.m.