Hillsborough County Fire Rescue was on the scene Saturday night, March 23, where a sinkhole reportedly opened between two homes in Seffner.
It was the third reported sinkhole in Seffner since Feb. 28, when Jeffrey Bush 36, died after the bedroom he was sleeping in was consumed by a catastrophic sinkhole at 240 Faithway Drive.
That sinkhole, described as "unprecedented," caused the home to be demolished and the two neighboring homes to be evacuated, leaving many families, including the Wicker and Jaudon families, displaced.
A second sinkhole opened up in Seffner days later, between two homes, at 1204 and 1206 Cedar Tree Lane.
The sinkhole that opened March 23, at around 7 p.m., also opened between two homes, at 1427 Lake Shore Ranch Drive in Seffner, according to the Hillsborough County Fire Rescue report.
Officials described the sinkhole as "approximately 8 feet in diameter and 10 feet deep." It stands about 1.7 miles and 3.4 miles from the Faithway Drive and Cedar Tree Lane sinkholes, respectively.
"The homes have been evacuated as a precaution," the late-night report notes.
There were "no structures involved at this time."
Hillsborough County Code Enforcement was reported to be arriving on the scene.
Check back at Brandon Patch for further updates.
RELATED SEFFNER SINKHOLE COVERAGE:
- Community Aids Displaced Seffner Sinkhole Victims
- Memorial Announced for Sinkhole Victim
- Jaudon Family Displaced in Seffner Sinkhole Tragedy
- HuffPost Live Looks at Seffner Sinkhole Tragedy: 'Saving Us From Sinkholes'
- Seffner Sinkhole Video: 'In a Flash It Happens and the Whole World's Changed'
- Video: Final Walls Come Down on Seffner Sinkhole at 240 Faithway Drive
- 2nd Seffner Sinkhole Under Investigation as Stabilization Work Continues
- Seffner Sinkhole Homeowner: 'God Has a Plan'
- Seffner Sinkhole Victim Officially 'Presumed' Deceased
- Readers React to Seffner Sinkhole Tragedy
- Family Treasures Salvaged from Seffner Sinkhole Demolition
- Demolition Under Way at Seffner Sinkhole Site
- More Photos From the Seffner Sinkhole Site
- Seffner Sinkhole Operation Readies for Impending Demolition
- 3rd Home 'Compromised' at Seffner Sinkhole Site; Relief Fund Established
- Video: Deputy Douglas Duvall Recounts Seffner Sinkhole Heroics
- Situation 'Extremely Unsafe' at Seffner Sinkhole Site
- Family Member Recalls Horror of Seffner Sinkhole Tragedy
- Photos From the Scene of Sinkhole in Seffner
- Video: Hillsborough Fire Chief Discusses Seffner Sinkhole
- Hillsborough County Among Top 10 Sinkhole-Prone Florida Counties
- Update: Sinkhole Swallows Seffner Man Sleeping in Bed
- Video of Deputy Who Worked To Save Men From Sinkhole
- Video: Fire Chief Answers Questions