Here's what you need to know, in facts and figures, about the Christmas Lane winter wonderland walk-through in the Greater Brandon community of Dover. These facts were taken from signs on display at the Christmas village, shot Dec. 8, 2012.
Christmas Lane Tree Facts
- 72,000 lights
- 35 feet tall
- 17.5-foot diameter base
- 56 individual panels
- Tree alone draws 100 amps
- Six men and eight hours to assemble
- Original owner paid $47,000
Christmas Lane Facts
- Originated 1980.
- Grown annually every year.
- Display light bill: $4,500.
- Requires 6-200 amp dedicated services totaling 1200 amps.
- 15 to 35 volunteers on any given night.
- 200 volunteers every year.
- Display made up of mostly retired mall displays.
- Assembly begins in mid-October.
Electric costs and annual improvments to Christmas Lane are offset by visitor donations. There is no cost to visit Christmas Lane and parking is free.
If You Go
- Christmas Lane is at 2015 Wooten Road in Dover.
- Parking and entry is free.
- Lights are on nightly, from 6 to 10.
- The display is open through Dec. 30.
- Santa Claus hours are Dec. 14-23, from 6 to 8 p.m. Christmas Eve hours are from 6 to 7 p.m.