By now you know the winning numbers of tonight's Powerball lottery drawing and you're not going to walk away with millions — let alone dollars.
We offer five things to consider and/or to do to help cope with the loss:
- Face it, you knew the odds. The odds were 1 in 175,223,510 that you'd walk away with the jackpot, according to lottery officials. So, basically, you're not a loser; you're a dreamer.
- Yes, you dreamed of the riches, and what you would do if you were a rich man — or woman. So, go ahead, take a listen to If I Were a Rich Man, from Fiddler on the Roof, and dream along with Tevye.
- Are you a Lost fan? Relive the moment you finally discovered why those "numbers" were so important. The episode you're looking for is duly titled, "Numbers." It's the 18th episode of Season 1. With a Hulu Plus subscription, you can watch this episode, and all Lost episodes, online.
- Watch a movie about the very thing you hoped to achieve. As ScreenJunkies.com put it, "These Lottery Movies Are the Closest You'll Ever Get to a MegaMillions Jackpot." The site notes Lottery Ticket, Waking Ned Devine, The Lottery, Lucky Numbers and It Could Happen to You.
- Get back into the game, and play again, at Powerball.com. But before you do, think about what you could have done with the money you already spent chasing your dream of lottery riches.
In case you haven't heard, the winning numbers for the Nov. 28, 2012 Powerball lottery drawing were:
- 5-23-16-22-29-Powerball 6
Editor's Disclosure: I spent $10, played five games, and matched two numbers total, despite having my birthday numbers, month and date, come up randomly. It's the first time ever I bought a Powerball ticket (at least that I can remember). Now, it's time to watch Lost . . .