'Tis the season that 'twas for shoppers looking to beat the clock for presents to give under the tree.
But now, 'tis the season that matters for shoppers looking to find bottom-priced, clearance deals as the days count down to a new year.
What better way to do so in these tough economic times then with extra-hours and extra-special deals designed to get customers online and in-the-door buying?
We did some research for you, for this listing of after-Christmas sales and clearance offers. (By no means is the list complete, and readers should check with the stores to verify for themselves the information noted.)
Check back, as the list will grow in the hours ahead, and feel free to list your own finds in the comment box below.
- advertises its "lowest prices of the year," with savings on dinettes, living rooms, bedrooms, accessories and more. Guaranteed best prices "or we'll double the difference." Online ad features a Kenzie Pearl Accent Chair for $149.99, a savings of $137.01.
- Bealls advertises 70 percent off "Beall Ringer" deals in its sales and clearance section, noting Dec. 26 hours from 6 a.m.-9 p.m. and 9 a.m.-9 p.m. through Dec. 29. The store's "semi-annual intimate event" is through Dec. 31. In-store offers include earning $10 for every $50 spent; online deals include $5 flat-rate shipping through Dec. 31 and saving $10 for every $50 spent online, with Promo Code "WISH 10." For more, see online advertisement.
- The Christmas sale runs online through Dec. 27. A Gateway laptop with AMD E-Series processor, 15.6-inch display, 2GB DDR3 memory and 320GB hard drive, for example, sells one per customer for $289. For more, see online advertisement. Best Buy's weekly ad notes prices good through Dec. 31. Doors open 8 a.m. Dec. 26 for "hot deals," among them a 32-inch, Class LCD, 720p HDTV for $249.99, while supplies last. (You can purchase online as well.)
- CVS Pharmacy stores were open Christmas Day, but their sales were scheduled to start the day after, with "a free $10 CVSCAsh Card when you spend $30 or more on select CVS brandon prodcuts." For more, see online advertisement. Other enticements include "big beauty sale" items and a free CVS glass scale for purchases involving $30 or more for weight-loss products. As with most stores, Christmas items are on sale for 50 percent off.
- At , year-end specials include 50 percent off select Christmas candy, toys and seasonal home decor and $3 to $9 off tops and bottoms. Got a new iPhone for Christmas? A body glove will cost you $14.96; a wireless charging bundle, $29.97. Looking to quit smoking, get in shape? Then, check out pages 10-11 of the 18-page weekly ad.
- At , take an extra 25 percent off clearance items and save up to 60 percent off on select fall and winter outerwear and outdoor and athletic apparel. Weekly ad coupons include $15 off any pair of athletic footwear valued at $59.99 or more. Offers include also 25 percent off clearance tackle ad $50 to $100 off on treadmills, ellipticals, exercise bikes and home gyms.
- At Famous Footwear, through Dec. 28, earn $5 in “Famous Bucks” for every $50 spent in-store or online. Get an extra 20 percent off your entire purchase, plus buy one pair, get the second pair of equal or lesser value for half price. For more, see online advertisement.
- was scheduled to open Dec. 26 at 9 a.m. for a special clearance event. The sale, through 6 p.m. Dec. 31, includes "giant savings on hundreds of items, many at, or below, cost on floor samples, prior-year models, scratch-and-dent and special quantity buys." For more, see online advertisement.
- Through Dec. 28 at GameStop, buy two, get one free on all in-stock, pre-owned products. For more, see online adverstisement. Also, get store credit or cash for your old iPod, iPhone or iPad. See online ad for trading details. GameStop has locations on , on , in and on .
- The after-Christmas sale at hhgregg starts Dec. 26 at 8 a.m.; extended shopping hours are 8 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday; 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Tuesday; and 10 a.m.-9 p.m. Wednesday. Online hours are 24/7. For deals and more, see online advertisement. Save 20 to 30 percent or more over the course of the three-day sale.
- Shop for early bird specials in the "Christmas Blitz and Clearance" sale at . Shop early bird specials online through 3 p.m. Dec. 26; shop for in-store early bird specials from 5 a.m.-1 p.m. Dec. 26. Specialsinclude 60 percent off selected outerwear; 60 percent off, plus an extra 10 percent off, selected sleepwear, loungewear and robes, for women and kids; and 60 percent off, plus an extra 10 percent off, selected sweaters and fleece tops. Deals on shipping. An intimates sale through Jan. 2. For more, see online advertisement.
- will open Dec. 26 at 7 a.m. and Dec. 27 at 10 a.m. for an after-Christmas sale that runs through Dec. 29. (Hours may vary by location.) Two-day specials run all day Dec. 26 and 27. Advertised are the store's biggest denim event, underwear sale, furniture and mattress event and white sale of the year. Also, 50 to 75 percent off holiday ornaments, dinnerware, candy, cards and more. Save up to 60 percent off fine jewelry. For more, see 32-page advertisement booklet online. Sale prices up to 85 percent off in some instances.
- Doors open 7 a.m. Dec. 26 at . Thousands of clearance items noted throughout the store. For more, see online advertisement. "Trade in and save big" on certain items. Thirty percent off, or more, on selected toys.
- The after-Christmas sale at features up to 20 percent off Urban Living and Joe Boxer bedding, up to 50 percent off all holiday storage and Christmas trees and decor and up to 60 percent off cashmere, outerwear, thermals and more. An extra 40 percent off clothing clearance and 50 percent off seasonal and outdoor living clearance. For more, see online advertisement.