You've heard the expression about lightning not striking the same person twice? That wasn't the case for the Kmart in Brandon in November, where the same thief reportedly struck three times on three separate days, according to a report from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
Wanted in the three grand thefts over the course of 19 days is a black man, aged 22 to 29, described further as 6-foot-2, 225 pounds, with large build, dark complexion and black hair.
The three grand thefts reportedly happened on Nov. 9, 12 and 27 at the Kmart in Brandon, at 1602 West Brandon Blvd.
Details were reported as follows:
- Nov. 9 — At about 5:11 p.m., the thief asked the clerk for an Xbox 360. Then, while the clerk was distracted at the register counter, the thief took off with the Xbox and left through the store's garden section.
- Nov. 12 — At about 12:47 p.m., the thief asked the clerk for a Playstation 3. After it was placed on the register counter, the thief asked for a game. While the clerk retrieved the game the thief again fled with the merchandise, also through the garden section.
- Nov. 27 — At about 10:06 a.m., the thief asked the clerk for a Nintendo Wii and Xbox 360 Kinect. Again, the items were placed on the register counter and the thief asked for a game. This time, another employee was sent to retrieve the game. The thief, undeterred, took the items from the counter and fled through the garden section, refusing to obey the clerk's order to stop.
Help Nab A Thief
- Anyone with information about these grand thefts is asked to call the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office at 813-247-8200.
- To be eligible for a cash reward, with information leading to an arrest, call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-873-TIPS (8477).
- Report anonymously at Crime Stoppers of Tampa Bay online. Or text "CSTB [plus your tip]" to C-R-I-M-E-S (274637).