The impact of the growing sinkhole in Seffner is spreading, with the announcement of a third 'compromised' house set to be made, according to Ronnie Rivera, a spokesperson with Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
Rivera said in a phone interview shortly before 2 p.m. that the family to the east of 240 Faithway Dr. has been informed of the finding, made necessary because of the worsening conditions.
An announcement to the media on site was set to be made shortly, he added.
Earlier today, the family to the west of the Wicker home at 240 Faithway Dr., had been told their house was compromised. "They had 20 to 30 minutes to get some of their belongings," he said. "They did it already and they cannot go back into the house."
In between the two homes is where Jeffery Bush, 36, was swallowed into the sinkhole Feb. 28, after awaking with a start in the back bedroom around 11 p.m.
Rivera said sinkhole experts and fire and rescue personnel are working to delineate the boundaries of the safe zone, which has been complicated by the reportedly "unprecedented" nature of the sinkhole itself.
Donations to help the families affected by the sinkhole are being accepted online, at www.firefighter-relief.com, a site run by Hillsborough County Fire Rescue.
Also, if people want to contact the Wicker/Bush family, they can do so at the following email address: WickerFamilyHCFR@gmail.com.
- Video: Deputy Douglas Duvall Recounts Seffner Sinkhole Heroics
- Situation 'Extremely Unsafe' at Seffner Sinkhole Site
- Family Member Recalls Horror of Seffner Sinkhole Tragedy
- Photos From the Scene of Sinkhole in Seffner
- Video: Hillsborough Fire Chief Discusses Seffner Sinkhole
- Hillsborough County Among Top 10 Sinkhole-Prone Florida Counties
- Update: Sinkhole Swallows Seffner Man Sleeping in Bed
- Video of Deputy Who Worked To Save Men From Sinkhole
- Video: Fire Chief Answers Questions