Brandon Man Accidentally Electrocuted, Police Say

A ladder the man was using apparently touched some live wires at a Largo business.

A Brandon man working as a painter at a Largo business was electrocuted Friday, when he accidentally touched some live wires with his ladder, police say.

The Largo Police and Fire Departments investigated the accidental electrocution at 1415 East Bay Drive on Dec. 14.

Authorities identified the victim as, Alfred Williamson, 35, of Brandon. Williamson was reportedly doing work on the property as a painter, according to Largo Police Lt. Mike Loux. 

The man was painting a building for the L&S Bait Company, "when he accidentally touched live wires overhead with his ladder," according to the Tampa Bay Times.

The accident, near Progress Energy's Largo substation, caused about 120 customers to lose power in the area for several hours, the Times reports. 

Williamson died at the scene, police report. 

The investigation is ongoing.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »