A dead man and two women with facial injuries were found at the scene of a fatal domestic squabble on Saturday, Aug. 17, according to a report from the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office.
Found dead "from an apparent gunshot wound" at the Grand Oaks Apartments in Brandon was Daniel S. Robertson, 56, of 10103 Sherwood Lane. Also at the scene, according to the report, were Robertson's girlfriend, Cristy Vasilakos, 40, who also lived in the apartment complex, and Vickie Rock, 50, of 8813 Ashman Road, Riverview.
In filing his report, sheriff's office spokesperson Larry McKinnon said Rock had been released from custody Aug. 17 and that no charges would be filed that day. He added that after detectives wrap up their investigation, the case would be turned over to the Hillsborough County State Attorney's Office for review.
According to McKinnon, word of the incident was received in a 9-1-1 called placed at about 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
At the scene, Robertson's body was found, as well as "two female victims with facial injuries that were apparently sustained from the male prior to him being shot," according to the report.
Rock was identified as the shooter.
As "preliminary information only," the following details were released Saturday, with notice that the facts could be subject to change pending an ongoing investigation.
- Robertson reportedly showed up at his girlfriend's apartment "and became involved in a violent domestic altercation."
- Robertson appeared to have forced his way into the residence, causing "heavy damage" to the front window and door.
- Rock, who was visiting her boyfriend next door, heard "the glass and door breaking as well as screaming" and left the apartment she was at, "armed with a 45-caliber handgun."
- Rock reportedly witnessed Robertson "beating a woman with a metal object while outside on the sidewalk" and yelled at him to stop.
- Robertson in turn attacked Rock, who suffered "multiple facial injuries before firing at least one round" from her handgun.
- Robertson was struck and reportedly staggered away from the scene. Deputies found him dead in the parking lot. His body was to be turned over the Hillsborough County Medical Examiner's Office to determine both where he was shot and the official cause of death.