The majority of Hillsborough County offices and facilities will be closed Monday, Sept. 2, in observance of Labor Day, according to a news release from government officials.
As noted, closed facilities include the administrative offices of county government, neighborhood service centers, all libraries, all county-operated Head Start/Early Head Start Centers, recreation centers, senior centers and nutrition sites.
Here are the details:
- The animal shelter will offer an end-of-summer chill cat adoption special with special Labor Day hours from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Cats and kittens can be adopted for just $20 each. A limited number of officers will be on call for animal emergencies only by calling the main number at 813-744-5660.
- Hillsborough County Fire Rescue administration and the fire marshal's office will be closed. All emergency services will continue without interruption.
- Hillsborough County’s InfoL!ne, 813-272-5900, will be closed.
- All county-operated Head Start/Early Head Start centers will be closed Monday.
- All public libraries will be closed.
Parks, Recreation and Conservation
- All regional parks are open. All county recreation centers will be closed. The Brandon and Apollo Beach skate parks will be open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- There will be no garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection in the Hillsborough County Solid Waste service area, which also includes Tampa Palms, Hunter's Green and New Tampa. Solid waste customers whose scheduled collection day falls on Monday, Sept. 2, may set out twice the amount of garbage, recyclables and yard waste on the next scheduled day for pickup of these items.
- All disposal facilities will be closed. That includes the Southeast County Landfill; Northwest and South County transfer stations; Resource Recovery Facility; community collection centers; and yard waste processing facilities.
- Delivery of the new roll carts for automated collection service will continue on Labor Day. Residents are reminded not to use the carts until the new service begins the week of Sept. 30.
- The Sunshine Line transportation service will not be in operation.
Water and Wastewater Emergencies
- The Public Utilities Department customer call center and water/wastewater customer service centers in Northdale and Brandon will be closed Labor Day.
- For emergency calls regarding County water and wastewater service, call 813-744-5600. Also, the Public Utilities Department’s Water Quality Hotline is answered 24-hours-a-day. That number is 813-264-3835.
- Offices of the Property Appraiser, Tax Collector and Supervisor of Elections will be closed, as well as offices of the Clerk of the Circuit Court and court facilities.
Environmental Protection Commission
- The offices of the Environmental Protection Commission of Hillsborough County will be closed.