Last year, more than 7.3 million people visited the consumer updates section of of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA.gov) to get health information. Here's a list of the 10 most popular topics in 2012.
Top 10 2012 FDA Consumer Updates
1. Disposing of unused medicines. Read more.
2. Beware: Mercury in skin products sold illegally in U.S. Read more.
3. HCG diet products—a dangerous fad. Read more.
4. Dietary supplement Hydroxycut—can be hazardous to health. Read more.
5. Examining arsenic in rice: A work in progress. Read more.
6. Tattoo inks linked to serious infection. Read more.
7. Is the common additive triclosan safe? What you should know. Read more.
8. Thickening agent may be deadly for infants. Read more.
9. Expanded advice: Take statins with care. Read more.
10. Symptoms of Cushing’s disease in dogs, and how to treat it. Read more.