The Seffner Elementary School PTA Facebook page gives testament to the commitment of teachers, students, parents and community members to take Target for all its worth in support of the school, at 109 Cactus Road.
"We made it to 100 votes!!" notes the Aug. 21 Facebook post. "That's a $100 Target gift card for our school so far. Keep voting and sharing. Each additional vote adds another $1 to our gift card. It is so easy to vote by following the link. No signing up for anything and it is totally free. Don't forget to go back and vote every week, too!!!"
It's all part of "Give With Target," in which "more votes equals more money for schools." As noted, "It just takes 25 votes to start." And "after that, Target will donate $25 to your school. And even better? Each additional vote equals $1 more." The noted hashtag: #GiveWithTarget.
- Target invites Facebook users to help them give up to $5 million to schools across the country through their “Give With Target” program.
- To get started, you can visit Target’s Facebook page to access an app and vote for a school of your choice once per week.
- Once a school has received 25 votes, Target will donate $1 per vote, with a maximum donation of $10,000 in Target gift cards per school.
- The campaign runs through Sept. 21, or until the full $5 million has been allocated.
- Schools can use the gift cards for electronics, school and office supplies, and storage and organization products.
- At the end of the campaign, the school that reaches 10,000 votes first or receives the highest number of votes will get a special celebration, including appearances by celebrity members of the Give With Target “Class of 2013,” a live musical performance and more.
Reporting from the Temple Terrace Patch has been included in this report.