Rain and lightning caused some game delays, but for the Riverview Sharks, at home against the East Bay Indians, the foul weather caused the game to be rescheduled until today, Sept. 7.
Here's how the local teams fared:
Bloomingdale, on the road, over Brandon, 21-0
- "Bloomingdale improved to 2-0 with a 21-0 win, scoring touchdowns after two of Brandon's four turnovers." — From Tampa Bay Times game coverage.
Armwood, at home, over Blake, 32-6
- "Tyler Scott made a successful debut as Armwood's starting quarterback, withstanding constant pressure from Blake's pass rush in a 32-6 victory Friday night." — From Tampa Bay Times game coverage.
Newsome, on the road, over Gaither, 38-7
- "Junior quarterback Spencer Preston, making his second varsity start, prides himself on putting the ball in the hands of his playmakers. On Friday, that's exactly what he did." — From Tampa Bay Times game coverage.
Plant City, at home, over Wharton, 23-12
- "A seesaw battle with four lead changes turned into an exchange of punts in the second half, during which Bloomingdale scored the only points." — From Tampa Bay Times game coverage.
Sickles, at home, over Durant, 28-0
- "Sickles allowed just 19 yards passing, recovered a fumble and forced Durant to turn the ball over on downs three times." — From Tampa Bay Times game coverage.
Strawberry Crest, at home, over Spoto, 28-14
- "In a game delayed nearly 90 minutes by lightning, Strawberry Crest took advantage of a 20-point second quarter en route to a victory over Spoto.." — From TBO.com game coverage.
Riverview, at home, against East Bay
- Postponed until today, Saturday, Sept. 7.