Brandon Regional Hosptial is part of the Hospital Corporation of America network. Founded more than 30 years ago, Brandon has grown into a 407-bed acute care facility with a certified Primary Care Stroke Center and a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. The award-winning Heart and Vascular Center and Neuroscience Center offer the latest diagnosis and treatment options for neurological, spine and cardiac conditions.
Hospital officials further report that more than 74,000 babies have been delivered at the Women's and Children's Center. Baby Suites are designed for both newborn care and family bonding experiences.
The public has access to average emergency room wait times. The hospital also has state- of the-art technology, including robotic surgery for gynecological and urological conditions. The CyberKnife Cancer Center specializes in the non-invasive treatment of select cancers.
- Hours: Daily, 24 hours; visiting hours vary by unit
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1977
- Payments accepted: Cash, Debit Card, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Insurance accepted: Most insurance accepted but it changes from time to time. Check with your insurance company.
- Licenses: Licensed facility based on federal and state standards.
- Affiliations: Hospital Corporation of America
- Parking: Free lot
- What makes this community special?: "Brandon feels like a small town, where people are nice and you get to know people, but it's a lot bigger than that with lots to do," said Patricia Montgomery, the hospital's marketing director. "We're proud to have been here for more than 30 years."
- Number of beds: 407
- Type: General, Pediatric
- Features: Cafeteria, Chapel, Gift/flower shop
- Departments: Cancer center, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Intensive care unit, Internal medicine, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedic services, Pathology, Pediatrics, Physical therapy, Plastic surgery, Radiology, Rehabilitation services, Surgery, Urology
- Visiting hours: General Visiting Hours, Sun - Fri, 9am - 9pm; other hours vary from unit to unit - check with hospital.
- Helipad: Yes